Fees at Capable Kids and Families
Cool Kids, Chilled and Cool Little Kids
The cost for the 10 session course of Cool Kids or Chilled is $1,375.00 per family (parents and 1 child). If two children from the same family are enrolled at the same time, the additional fee for the second child is $800.00.
The cost for the 6 session course of Cool Little Kids is $780.00 per family (parents only).
Each of these programmes is more effective if both parents can attend each session.
Individual and Family Consultations
The hourly rate for individual and family counselling is $180 per hour for the first visit, and $150 per hour for subsequent visits. We usually request that you fill out and return a questionnaire before the first visit so that we can be aware of the issues. This helps in preparation for the meeting, and also means that less time is spent covering basic information during the first appointment.
Sometimes attendance at a school meeting is useful to support parents and the school in deciding how to implement recommendations in a report, or how to modify a child’s behaviour at school. Parents also sometimes request that an observation is carried out in the classroom, particularly when there are behavioural issues, before a cognitive and educational assessment is undertaken.
School visits are charged at $150.00 an hour. Travel time is charged at $75.00 per hour.
Cognitive and Educational Assessments
A basic cognitive and educational assessment which normally takes four hours costs $1,300.00. This includes assessment materials and a comprehensive written report with recommendations for parents and school.
If an assessment includes additional investigation for behaviour concerns or an additional session is needed an extra fee is negotiated with parents.
- All fees are inclusive of GST.
- Fees are payable within 7 days from the date on the invoice. Cash or direct banking payment methods are accepted. Some of the team accept EFTPOS or Credit Cards – please check.
- Some medical insurers may contribute towards payment of counselling with Registered Psychologists.
- If you need to cancel an appointment please provide at least two working days notice. Sessions not attended or cancelled within 24 hours may incur a charge.
- Invoices that remain unpaid after 7 days from the date on the invoice may be subject to debt collection and incur associated costs.